At Bench Accounting, we'll consistently provide you with bookkeeping updates so your pastry chef business can stay efficient and profitable. If you have urgent queries that just can't wait? Don't worry, we commit to responding to you in one business day or less.
Our platform enables you to systematize data inputs from most major vendors to sidestep typical errors. We collaborate with merchants such as Gusto, Stripe, Shopify, and Square—ensuring your finances are always precise, even in the fast-paced world of a pastry chef.
Why Bench for Pastry Chefs Wave goodbye to towering stacks of invoices and the endless hours spent tracking expenditures manually—Bench simplifies this for you by automating inputs straight from your linked accounts. Gain valuable insights about your patisserie from one unified dashboard. This enables you to comprehend the financial well-being of your business effortlessly so you can make informed, strategic decisions. Transform how you handle your bakery's finances with Bench.
DR. BUKKY KOLAWOLE
As a pastry chef, there are numerous specific expenses related to your profession that you may be able to write off on your taxes. Some common expenses that may possibly be deductible include:
- Ingredients used in the creation of your pastries
- Kitchen utensils and equipment
- Chef uniforms and maintenance
- Education and training courses to enhance your skills
- Professional association memberships
- Business insurance
- License and permit costs
- Advertising and marketing expenses
- Shipping and travel costs if applicable
- Home office expenses if applicable.
It's recommended to keep detailed records of all business-related expenses and to consult with an accountant or tax advisor about which expenses are deductible in your specific situation.
Managing the accounting aspects of sourcing ingredients and managing inventory for your pastry business, though daunting, is entirely possible with careful tracking and the help of a qualified bookkeeper. This can include the following steps:
- Well-defined budgeting: Know your budget for ingredients and other necessary items, and stick to it. This aids in avoiding overspending, and it nurtures disciplined purchasing choices.
- Real-time tracking system: Use an accounting application or system that allows you to track purchases as they happen. This gives an up-to-date picture of your inventory and expenses.
- Regular inventory checks: Ensure regular checks on your inventory to prevent wastage or shortage of ingredients. This also helps to maintain the budget.
- Hiring a good bookkeeper: A bookkeeper can deal with the complex facets of managing finances and help keep your business on track.
At Bench, we specialize in providing smart, efficient bookkeeping services tailor-made for specific business needs such as yours. So leave the worries of managing your books to us, so you can focus on baking those delicious pastries
As a pastry chef business owner, you need to keep track of multiple financial records. These include receipts for purchases related to ingredients and baking tools, records of employee wages and benefits, utility bills for your business location, and sales records. It's vital to keep accurate income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements as well.
Bench Accounting can make keeping track of your finances easier. We offer comprehensive bookkeeping services that include categorization of financial transactions, reconciliation of bank statements, and preparation of financial statements. Our team of experts ensures accuracy and keeps your records organized and ready for tax season. Plus, with Bench's intuitive software, you can view your financial data and reports anytime, anywhere.
Nope! All bookkeeping is completed in-house.
Your bookkeeper will be your main point of contact, but at times you might hear from another member of your team. This is usually when your bookkeeper goes on vacation, is sick, or otherwise unavailable.
We handle the bookkeeping for you but sometimes we’ll need your input, especially at year-end. On average, expect to spend 15 minutes each month answering questions for your bookkeeper, or uploading supporting docs.