We'll proactively send bookkeeping updates tailored to your pet training business. Have urgent inquiries that need immediate attention? We promise to respond to you in one business day or less.
Our platform enables you to automate data inputs from leading providers, circumventing frequent errors. We collaborate with notable merchants such as Gusto, Stripe, Shopify, and Square— ensuring your financial records as a pet trainer are always precise.
Release yourself from the burden of overflowing paperwork and laborious manual tracking—we streamline inputs directly from your connected accounts. Gain insights from a centralized dashboard designed for pet trainers, enabling you to effortlessly understand the financial wellbeing of your business and make informed strategic decisions.
DR. BUKKY KOLAWOLE
As a pet trainer, there are multiple specific expenses that you can consider for tax write-offs. These include:
- Purchasing and maintaining training equipment
- Pet supplies such as leashes, toys, treats, and more
- Costs related to a home office if you handle administrative tasks from your home
- Fees associated with professional development and certification courses
- Vehicle expenses for pet pick-up and drop-off or travel to clients’ homes
- Advertising and marketing costs
- Cost related to boarding, grooming, or vet care, if you provide these services
- General business costs like licenses, insurance, and legal fees
Please note that tax laws are complex and can change frequently. It's always best to consult with a tax professional to ensure that you're claiming all eligible deductions and complying with all laws and regulations.
As a self-employed pet trainer, you juggle numerous responsibilities from training to administration which often leaves little time for intricate details like financial record management. That's where Bench Accounting comes in. We provide expert bookkeeping services, tailored to meet the unique needs of self-employed professionals like you. From managing your income and expense tracking, preparing your tax filings to providing you with monthly financial statements, we essentially take all the bookkeeping duties off your plate. This leaves you with more time to focus on what you do best - keeping pets well-behaved and their owners happy!
Keeping track of your income as a pet trainer from different clients requires diligence and some strategic bookkeeping procedures. Here are the recommended steps:
- Create separate files: Dedicate a separate file or folder for each client to keep organized. This way, you can easily track income coming from each source.
- Use a bookkeeping software: Investing in a bookkeeping software can help streamline the process. You can automatically categorize income from different sources, generate invoices, and also track unpaid payments.
- Keep track of invoices: Ensure you generate and store each invoice for every service you provide. This can act as a proof of income.
- Record religiously: Make sure you consistently record each payment as you receive them. Having this habit keeps your records up-to-date and prevents any guesswork at the end of the month.
- Regular audits: Conduct regular audit of your books to confirm there are no discrepancies or missing entries in your records.
Finally, it's important to consult with a professional bookkeeper or accountant who understands your specific situation, and can provide tailored advice for your pet training business.
Nope! All bookkeeping is completed in-house.
Your bookkeeper will be your main point of contact, but at times you might hear from another member of your team. This is usually when your bookkeeper goes on vacation, is sick, or otherwise unavailable.
We handle the bookkeeping for you but sometimes we’ll need your input, especially at year-end. On average, expect to spend 15 minutes each month answering questions for your bookkeeper, or uploading supporting docs.