Our team will consistently provide you with bookkeeping updates tailored for talent agencies. Need quick answers for urgent inquiries? Rest assured, we guarantee a response within one business day or even sooner.
With Bench Accounting, our platform enables seamless data automation from multiple significant players, mitigating frequent errors. We collaborate with esteemed partners in the industry, such as Gusto, Stripe, Shopify, and Square—ensuring your talent agency's financial records are constantly pinpoint accurate.
Bid adieu to mountains of contracts and tedious manual tracking—we automate inputs directly from linked accounts. Gain visibility from one comprehensive dashboard so you can effortlessly comprehend the status of your talent agency and make informed decisions.
DR. BUKKY KOLAWOLE
A professional bookkeeper can assiduously track the income and expenses of your talent agency by using advanced accounting software and employing tried-and-tested methods. They can categorize expenses, reconcile bank statements, chart accounts, and manage invoices to accurately track your financial transactions.
Furthermore, they can provide you with detailed financial reports highlighting your agency's income and expenditure trends, ensuring you're always informed about the financial health of your business. If necessary, they can also work with your CPA or tax advisor for more intricate financial planning and analysis. Ultimately, accurate bookkeeping helps mitigate any financial risk, enabling you to make sound financial decisions for your talent agency.
As a talent agent, optimal financial management can be achieved through several essential bookkeeping services. These include but are not limited to:
- Cash flow management: This involves monitoring, analyzing, and adjusting your business's cash flows. It helps you plan for the future and ensure your business remains financially sustainable.
- Financial reporting: Regular financial reports such as income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements provide insights into your business's financial health, helping you make informed decisions.
- Accounts payable and receivable: Managing monies owed by and to you is crucial in maintaining healthy financial operations.
- Payroll services: If you have employees, on-time and accurate salary and wage management is important both for employee satisfaction and tax considerations.
- Tax preparation: Proper handling of tax documents and timely filing reduces the risk of penalties and ensures you take advantage of all possible deductions and credits.
Enlisting professional bookkeepers ensures that these services and more are handled efficiently and accurately, providing you with peace of mind and more time to focus on growing your talent agency.
A bookkeeper specifically experienced in the talent agency industry can assist in multiple ways with tax deductions and revenue splits. These professionals understand the unique financial structures, revenue sources, and expenses tied to this industry. So, they can effectively identify eligible tax deductions to maximize your savings during tax season.
In terms of revenue splits, a talent agency bookkeeper knows the standard agreements and percentages for different types of talent, whether they're actors, musicians, or athletes. They can accurately split revenues based on these contracts, ensuring proper payment allocation for both the agency and the talent.
In essence, a bookkeeper's role in a talent agency extends beyond tracking income and expenses. They can potentially save you money with tax deductions and streamline the process of splitting revenue, ultimately improving financial transparency and efficiency for your agency.
Nope! All bookkeeping is completed in-house.
Your bookkeeper will be your main point of contact, but at times you might hear from another member of your team. This is usually when your bookkeeper goes on vacation, is sick, or otherwise unavailable.
We handle the bookkeeping for you but sometimes we’ll need your input, especially at year-end. On average, expect to spend 15 minutes each month answering questions for your bookkeeper, or uploading supporting docs.