What is Bench and how does it work?
Bench is an online bookkeeping service. We give you a team of bookkeepers who handle the bookkeeping, and an intuitive app to track finances.
How it works
After a free trial, your clients will be assigned a dedicated bookkeeping team. The team will get to know their business, show them how the Bench app works, and gather any necessary documents.
Then we get to work! Each month, our bookkeepers will import business transactions and reconcile your clients’ books. Bench connects to banks, merchant processors, and credit card companies so all transactions are imported automatically. In the event that a cash transaction is made, a photo of the receipt can be uploaded to the app and shared with the bookkeepers.
After all the relevant statements or receipts have been collected, we reconcile and categorize and confirm transactions. Our dedicated review team will do a final check to make sure we haven’t missed anything, and then we produce monthly income statements and balance sheets. Our bookkeepers will always keep you up-to-date on the status of the books. And communication is a two-way street—if you have any questions, you can call your client’s dedicated bookkeeper, send an email, or send a message any time using the Bench app. You’ll always get a response within 1 business day.
At the end of each year, we produce a Year End Financial Package for you and your clients.
The Year End Financial Package includes everything needed to file taxes: income statement, balance sheet, general ledger, trial balance, and journal entry summary—plus customized notes for tax professionals.
Software to track finances
- The Bench app is quick, intuitive, and easy to master.
- Every client and their tax professional gets their own login.
- Connecting bank accounts is as easy as a few clicks through our dedicated Accounts page.
- Our cash flow tracking feature Pulse lets you monitor every transaction, and identify spending trends as they happen.
- View and download crystal clear financial statements and reports through our software.
- Quick and easy access to our Year-End Financial Package. As soon as it’s available, you can review and file taxes.
- Get insight on the state of your clients’ books immediately with a click of a button through the Status Bar.
What your clients get with Bench
- One-on-one support with their dedicated bookkeeping team.
- Professional bookkeeping at an affordable price.
- Organized and up-to-date financials. Missing months of bookkeeping? We can get them caught up, no matter how far behind they are.
- A stress-free tax season. We’ll send you tidy tax time financials, so they can get filed fast.
- We take bookkeeping stress off their plate for good so they can focus on growing their business.
What tax professionals get with Bench
- No more wasting time cleaning up messy financials. We complete your clients’ books each month, and provide you with accurate financials— even if their books are behind.
- Year end financials you can rely on come tax time. We work with your clients throughout the year to ensure all the financials are ready for tax planning and filing.
- We can collaborate and communicate with you directly. Simply let us know what needs to be updated or what reports you need.
- We handle the tedious financial admin —so you can save time and focus on scaling your practice.
- With Bench’s easy to use software, you’ll have direct access to all your clients’ financials from one portal.
Are my clients the right fit for Bench?
During our trial process, we’ll determine if the client is a fit with Bench. But generally, Bench is ideal for small to medium-sized businesses looking for an online bookkeeping service who:
- Are filing in the U.S.
- Are comfortable with modified cash basis accounting
- Can manage their business with monthly reporting
Bench has deep experience across a wide range of industries. Some of the most common industries we serve are:
- Marketing, design, advertising, and PR firms
- Consultants and legal professionals
- Service providers